Joining a golf club has many benefits, compared to playing at different golf clubs. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits and reasons to join a local country club.
- Most golf clubs, if not all golf clubs have a handicap tracking system, to keep track of your scores. You do not have to send your scorecard to a golf association for a legitimate handicap, to play in golf tournaments.
- Golf clubs have a facility with a locker room and restaurant as a meeting place. Therefore you get to know more fellow members, which make it a lot easier for you to find players to team up with.
- You’re more likely to drive down to your local country club to practice, than you would at an unfamiliar golf course. More practice, means playing better golf.
- Belonging to a golf club makes you play with a better game plan approach, because of the familiarity of the golf course. Being familiar with a golf course and knowing what lies ahead, tends to make you think about your club selection.
- The yardage at the golf course on most golf holes becomes embedded in memory, which in turn gives you a better understanding of your golf club yardage capabilities.
- Many golf clubs have a trade-off system, which allows you to play at different golf courses in return for other members from other clubs, to play your golf course.
- You are more likely to play in more golf tournaments. Golf clubs have a member’s bulletin board, keeping you informed on what upcoming events are coming up.
- Once you pay a yearly green fee at a country club, you get to play unlimited golf. Certain days may be restricted for after certain hours.
- If you join a golf club that has shares, the shares typically go up on the majority. It may have something to do with the golf frenzy.
- Last minute tee times are a lot easier to book, if the pro knows you belong to the golf club. The pro will simply find you other members to join up with. Members enjoy meeting other members of the club.
- If you play golf a lot, belonging to a golf club will save you a lot of money in the long run.
There are numerous advantages in joining a nearby country club. Check out our golf course directory to look up local golf courses near your hometown. Play a few golf courses first; to see which golf challenge you would enjoy the best.